Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Way too busy!

We've had a way too busy summer! It seems like I'm always packing to go somewhere.
Mark's last day of work at La-Z-Boy (after 28 years) was June 26th so we feel like we've been on "vacation" ever since. He's working hard building up his boot repair business and helping me with "honey-do's". Since he's home all day long I think of things for him to do!

The 3 Honeyville wards went on Trek to Martin's Cove July 16-18. It was awesome. There were about 120 people that went. I think all of the kids had a great experience. I've been there a few times and I love that place. There is such a peaceful feeling everytime I go. We were in charge of the food which I was very nervous about. We had more than plenty and lots of help and it turned out just fine. Thanks to Audrey's Foods for helping us with our menu's and getting all the food. (That's definitely the way to go.) Dana was our picture taker so I'll have to steal some from her. The "Women's Pull" was definitely the hardest and the most emotional for me. All of the men were lined up along the hill and could only watch the women pull the handcarts up this sandy hill. Let's just say there were a lot of tears when we reached the top!

After we got home from Trek we had a great visit from Sheridan, Torrie and their 4 kids (which are dang cute) and Grant, Wanda and Siarra. It was so fun to see them again. We had a little "get together" Saturday evening and had a great time visiting and eating. They all live too far away and we don't get to see them often enough! (I haven't had time to go through my pictures yet - ).

The next week was the Nicholas Reunion at the Girls Home. It was so much fun! Thanks Boyd and Ellen for a great reunion. Grace even wrote a theme song for it! For lots of fun pictures go to Katie and Tawnya's blogs. We missed those that couldn't come this year but enjoyed visiting with all that came. All my kids were there except Shara - which she'll be at the next one in two years - yeah!!!
And now I'm packing to go to Mesa tomorrow. I have a reunion in Virden this weekend and then the rest of my family is coming the next week for my Dad's 80th birthday party. It will be fun to see the "Clouse House" clan again.
We're so blessed to belong to such great families.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Carole I saw all the cute pictures on Katie and Tawnya's blogs. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We had a great time at your home it was nice to finally relax after camping for a while. :)

Tawnya said...

You need to slow down a little! :) You're like a wild woman! See you tomorrow!