Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy 51st!

Happy Birthday Mark! Yes, he's 51 years old! He's such a great husband, dad, grandpa, uncle, brother, son, friend, teacher, fix-it guy, snake getter, boot fixer, scriptorian, cowboy, etc. The list could go on and on. He's such a great guy and I love him alot.

He has worked at La Z Boy for the past 28 years. They are closing so his last days are counting down. He's looking forward to expanding his own boot repair business that he's done for a few years now. He's such a hard worker so I'm sure he will be successful. (A few prayers couldn't hurt!)

Below is what the kids gave us for our birthdays, Mother's and Father's Day. I love the picture of the Savior (his cousin is the artist) and Mark wrote the poem next to it. "Riding for the Brand". I'll have to post it so you can all read it. (See Shara's or Katie's blog) Thanks kids - we love them!













5 comments:

The Valentine Fam said...

Happy Bday dad...you are an amazing guy! Love you lots.

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Happy B-day! For some reason, I've had on my mind that this year was is 50th. I'm a little slow!

Tawnya said...

Happy Bday Dad! We're glad you love your present!

Lissagerl said...

That's the picture I'm putting in my house!! I love how you put that he's a great snake getter. haha Happy Birthday Mark!!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated UNCLE MARK!!! I love the poem, it's so great! We might need to steel a copy. Can't wait to see you this summer. The kids are growing too fast and so are your grand kids that we haven't even seen yet. We hope we get to see some if not all while we are there. ;)