Monday, August 13, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!


I need to wish my wonderful DAD a very Happy 79th Birthday today (Aug. 15th). I have some awesome pictures but I can't get them to post yet. (I need help!) I scanned them in but.....

He was born on the same day as his Dad. (I also have a picture of my grandpa). What a great birthday present for a Dad!

A little history of my Dad:

He was born in Virden, NM and lived there all of his life until 1993 when he and my mom retired and moved to Mesa. He loved farming and did a great job at it. He raised cattle, cotton and alfalfa, and 5 kids! (4 daughters, 1 son). We all helped him on the farm, moving cows up and down the highway (his farm was scattered in the Virden Valley) hoeing cotton, picking rocks, burning ditches, etc. (and we grumbled quite often! )

He also delivered mail - the friendliest mailman ever - and you could always find him visiting with someone along the route. (after his Dr. Pepper stop at Boyd Brothers!)

He loved to watch his kids play sports and was the greatest Sideline Coach ever. Loves his grandkids and great-grandkids.

He always fulfilled his church callings and loves the gospel. He loves and knows the scriptures. He was called to be Bishop of the Virden Ward for 6 years.

Love you lots Dad and hope you have great birthday!





3 comments:

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Happy Birthday Gramps!! So many memories of grandpa, but I think my favorite is how Pepsi saved his life!!

The Valentine Fam said...

I talked to him yesterday...Grams had to convince him that he wasn't 80! I'm so excited to go visit them!!

Tawnya said...

Happy Birthday to Gramps! I need to go and see them! Maybe after the baby comes!