Tuesday, August 28, 2007

New Beginnings

There's a lot of "New Beginnings" in my life right now. We sent our baby off to college! She's attending UVSC (soon to be UVU) and living with Katie and Jed. They, along with Tawnya and Landon (and Lucas and Kody) are keeping track of her! We are officially empty nesters. I had to go upstairs this morning and it was kind of "spooky" with no one to wake up. I would always holler at Nappy to get up and get ready for school. It will take some time getting used to her being gone. It seems our lives revolved around her with going to watch her play ball for the last 4 years. I'm not coaching volleyball anymore - (Jessica graduated and so did I!) so I come home from work and stay! I miss the girls but I am enjoying my free time. I'll go watch a few matches and keep track of them!

Also, our ward got split Sunday. Very sad! Our house is the last house that stayed in Honeyville 3rd ward. The rest of them south of us go to Harper Ward. (Harper Ward was divided into two wards). I'll miss all of those people that we've known for such a long time. They are wonderful friends and neighbors. Our Bishopric was released so Mark is a free man! (for a minute!) We have a new Bishopric that will do a great job.

The County Fair was last weekend and that is a big event in this county! Mark did his business booth again which requires a lot of time being out there. He enjoys being out there all day - I have to take breaks! Katie and the boys came up Tuesday, Wed. and Thursday. Tawnya and Jessica were here for the weekend. It was fun to have the kids come and help too. We might get AC and Shara out here for it next year!


4 comments:

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

You do have a lot of firsts!! I can't believe you guys are empty nesters!! I still think of my parents as YOUNG!! (And you still are) All these new things just mean more time available to come and visit me!!

The Valentine Fam said...

i agree with Shara...look at all your free time. i'm sure dad would hire you to do bedrolls!

Tawnya said...

Lots of new things coming! Free time...do you have any?

JANIS HOLLAHAN said...

It is very sad that the split the ward. I didn't believe it when my mom told me.
The fair just isn't the same anymore. It was very nice to get to see you and Mark.
You will get used to the empty house. I think my parents enjoy it. Then again one of us always ends up back there for some reason.