Monday, September 1, 2008

EX-AUGUST-ING

I was hoping to update before August was over. Oh well, it's only September 1st!
August was extremely busy with lots of fun things. I was able to go to Virden for a Jones Reunion. It was so fun to see a lot of relatives that I haven't seen for years.
Dad and Mom in front of the old homestead. (That is the most comfortable porch swing ever made!) Kent and Shelley live there now. Thanks for letting us stay with you!
Mom admiring the pecan trees
The silos out back of our house - I remember seeing baby owls down in one of them. My dad also had to get a baby calf out of one of them!
Fields by the house.
Our Jones cousins Terry, Geralyn and Pam and my sister Nyla and brother Kent intently listening to Jeanie's wild childhood story! We had such a great time catching up. We spent many, many hours at each other's homes growing up in Virden.
Shelley and Kent's with some of their family (Kyle, Karen, Trey and Emily)
My cousin Marla (husband Jeff) and Aunt Jessie
Some of Uncle Sterling's family - Don, Sherrie, Aunt Iva, Keith, and Margo
My Dad and his brother Merlin (his wife Carmelita)
Mom, baby Kadyn, Trey and Karen
We were able to see my darling little niece Emily perform at her piano and voice recital. She did awesome and even won an award! Thanks for letting us come Emily!
Emily and Kyle listening to Aunt Jeanie tell stories about their dad!
More stories!
(oops! - out of order!) Jeanie, Karen, Kadyn, Emily, Shelley and Carole at the recital.
Emily showing us the Boston Terrier puppies that they raise. We always had a Boston Terrier when we were kids - Spike, Skipper, Skippy were some I remember).









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! We're in some of those pictures!! That was fun wasn't it? Are you guys going to be coming to Calie's reception up there?