Saturday, March 17, 2007

PROMONTORY, UTAH


Today we went to a Nicholas Family Reunion out at Promontory. They decided to have it there since that's where the Nicholas Roots began! It was held at the little church (which could be on "Little House on the Prairie"). There were about 80 people that came. We took Grams and Gramps out with us and he reminisced the whole way out. I wish we would have had a tape recorder. It was fun to hear about his life way back when! He and Mark are standing in front of the house that he grew up in. It's changed quite a bit from the time he lived there! The picture of the ladies are Aunt Eileen, Aunt Janice and Grandma Nicholas.










4 comments:

Tawnya said...

Looks like fun! Gramps needs to record his stories for us!

JANIS HOLLAHAN said...

HOW FUN! I REALLY MISS GOING TO THOSE THINGS....

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Sounds like you had fun! The weather looks so nice. Lots better than 5 ft piles of snow. You can't even get to our front door!

Aaron said...

Hi, I was wondering if you could direct me to someone who has any of your family history. I'm trying to collect everything I can on Promontory, Utah. My family is also from Promontory--the Houghton's. They owned and operated the Post Office and store there. Also, I found a 45 page interview from a Joseph Nicholas who is probably a relative. Anyway, please e-mail me back if you have any info. Thank You.