Sunday, April 22, 2007

Quilts, and More Quilts!

These are the latest projects I've taken on! The senior girls on the softball team always get a nice gift at the end of the year. My suggestion was a nice quilt - so I "volunteered" to see that they get done! We're doing their favorite color so two want pink and two want blue. (I had to go to 3 different Walmarts to find the fabric - I wanted them to be all the same print and finally found it). The blue is actually about this color - maybe a little darker. I have one blue and one pink done so far. I had some moms, friends, and family help me last Friday. (Thanks Debbie and Lisa!) I was a little stressed by the time we got them done that night. I don't think I'll put two on at the same time again!
Yesterday I went to two wedding showers, a wedding reception and a wedding dinner! Crazy! Kellen (our nephew) is getting married next weekend to Lindsay Olsen. Mark and Boyd did a pit barbeque with the meat. The turkey was done but the beef didn't quite get all the way done this time. It just had to cook a while longer in the roaster pans at the church. It all turned out very nice in the end.

4 comments:

Tawnya said...

They look really cute! You're so talented!

The Valentine Fam said...

Cute Cute...at least you didn't have to piece them :)

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

I love quilts. Very nice gift. I can't wait for my little girl ones! HopefullY!

Dennis and Diane said...

Carole, how do you get so much done? I can't believe all of your projects. And they sure look cute!!