Saturday, June 27, 2009

# 10

We are quite saddened tonight. Our sweet husband and father passed away quickly tonight with all of his girls and wife around his bedside. It's always hard to say goodbye to a loved one as most know but we know this was meant to be. Heavenly Father answered our family prayer today and we know he is with his loved ones - those gone before - and those preparing to come. Everything went just as it was supposed to. He really never did wake up much for the whole day. We thought maybe they had given him meds to help him sleep but as the day went on we could see him slipping away. We are so greatful for all the tender mercies that a kind wise Heavenly Father blessed us with. There are too many to name and some are too personal to post. We've all shed bucketfulls of tears tonight as we think about Dad and his life he lived.
We are so grateful that next weeks surgery won't be happening!
We know the power of prayer is heard and answered. This was manifested tonight as things fell into place to let Dad slip away. Kent was able to visit with him for a while by himself. Then the rest of us went over later and stayed until 12:00 a.m. He passed away shortly after 10:00 p.m.which was very peaceful although alot of tears shed. We were so, so grateful that Sharin could guide us through the process. What a blessing to have had here there. AC and Shara came as quickly as they could. Grandpa will be giving her little one lots of advice before he makes his appearance on this earth!
Thank you to all who have left sweet comments. I pass them on to my mom and she really appreciates them. She loves dad and misses him already but will be okay. - We love you all.
The gospel is true and we know that "Families Can Be Together Forever" - the greatest blessing of all!

7 comments:

The Valentine Fam said...

We'll miss him a lot! I'm glad everyone was able to see him and be together. I wish I could give you and Grandma (and everyone else) a hug. We love you!

Lissagerl said...

Carole, I was so sad this morning when my mom told me about this. I have been following all your updates and was shocked this morning. It seemed that things had been going well. It sounds like you are all at peace, though, so that is good. We love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Tawnya said...

We will sure miss Grandpa and all of his stories! Give Grandma a hug for us. We love you!

Jessica said...

We will miss him so much. I wish I could be there with you. We'll see you wednesday. I love you!

grandma Deb said...

Oh Carole I am so sorry that you have lost a good friend. I know how much you loved your dad and I pray you will be comforted at this time of heartache. Please know I am thinking of you and wish I could give you a hug. I am so grateful you were there. Love you Tons!!!! your good friend Deb

Brooke Fenn said...

Carole, I am truly saddened to hear of your loss. Your dad was a great man and will be dearly missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. -Brooke (Mortensen) Fenn & Family

Alison said...

Carol, I am so sorry. It is hard to lose a parent. My prayers are with you...even now. I haven't visited your blog for a while. Thank goodness for the Gospel to help us through times like this.