Monday, June 22, 2009

Dad


I just wanted to post a blog about my Dad. He's been in the hospital since last Wednesday in Mesa. He had surgery on his leg and has not done well since then. He's a "mystery" case to every doctor that has seen him. His foot is dark purple/black and goes up past the surgery wound now. His other foot has started with some purple blisters but isn't as bad. He has not been himself since then and is in a state of confusion right now. I flew down Sunday and will be here for a while. He's in the ICU and will be there for the remainder of this week more than likely. I took some pictures today and I'll post some of them when I get some time (or Shara's help!) I'm so glad Shara lives here now and can be of help to us explaining some of the medical terminology!
Nyla and I are staying with Mom which we are grateful we're able to do right now. (Thanks to our wonderful, understanding husbands.) We'll probably be here for a few days/weeks depending on Dad's recovery. Max and Jeanie have always been here to take care of them and see to their needs so we're glad we can help out a little.
We appreciate all the love, concern, prayers, fasting, etc., etc., on behalf of our Dad (and Mom, she's doing well). We certainly know they are heard and will be answered as Heavenly Father sees fit. We are being blessed with tender mercies daily.
(I asked him who I was today and he said "Carole"!)

3 comments:

The Valentine Fam said...

I can't believe his feet. I wish someone could figure it out. Hopefully he'll get some good care at the wound clinic for his leg. Love you Gramps!

Tawnya said...

And that's a good picture compared to the others! Hopefully the transfer to the wound clinic will help. Tell him we love him!

Our Newman 6 said...

Carole I am so sorry, your dad's feet look so painful. I hope everything goes better with the move to a different hospital. GOOD LUCK you are in our prayers