Tuesday, January 29, 2008

B's

President Hinckley passed away Sunday evening, January 27th, 2008. He was 97 years old! What a great prophet. I love the talk that he gave about the B's. One of my favorites!
"They are B's that I believe will make your life better, fuller and more satisfying. They are the B's that I have come to believe through all these years, form a template for success-- for anyone's success.
Be GRATEFUL
Be SMART
Be INVOLVED
Be CLEAN
Be TRUE
Be POSITIVE
Be HUMBLE
Be STILL
Be PRAYERFUL
They are nine B's, nine suggestions gleaned from more than nine decades of living, that will help you achieve happiness and success." --President Gordon B. Hinckley
He and his sweet wife certainly lived their lives by them! What great examples they were.
(I recommend the book "Way to Be! for more on the B's!)

4 comments:

Lissagerl said...

I forgot the "B's" were from President Hinckley. That was a great talk. Now you see the B's all over the place. My mom gave me a tile with them this year for Christmas.

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

What a great man. I will miss him, but so glad we have his talks and words to remember him. Can't wait to see you todaY!!

Tawnya said...

What a great prophet he was! I love the "B" talk as well. I will miss him, but I'm so happy that he's with his sweet wife!

Unknown said...

So true! Gracie's Teacher uses most of the B's in her classroom. Even though Gracie is the only one that knows where they came from. lol