Saturday, July 11, 2009

Back Home

I made it back home this morning! I feel like I've been gone forever - and my yard looks like we've abandoned it! (We have pretty much!)
Katie, Tawnya, Lucas, Kody, Ryker and I left early Friday morning - which was extremely hard telling my Mom goodbye. I'm just so grateful I was able to spend those weeks down there without having to worry about work. (Such a blessing it was summer time.) She's been a trooper through this whole thing with broken ribs, a vey sore leg and a head cold. I'll be back down there in a couple of weeks when Shara has her baby. (This time a planned trip!)
We had a BBQ at AC and Shara's for the 4th - Mom and Melanie joined us for that - I think everyone was so tired we were all in bed by 9:00! I could HEAR fireworks going off outside.
Melanie left Sunday so I moved back over to Mom's house for the week.
We did some cleaning out and got a few things done.
All the kids came over to her house to swim one evening and have dinner. Lucas and Tawnya spent the night and Grama Great really enjoyed having Lucas entertain us!
We spent one evening at the Germaine's swimming in their pool and having a good time. (Shara made me swim that time).
I started sewing two blessing outfits for the new babies. They are almost finished - Ryker gets blessed the 19th so it has to be done! Mom wrote thank-you notes while I sewed. The girls had a sewing project going on at Shara's too. They did a lot of fun things together.
Mom and I played "Runs and Bunches" every night which was fun. That's a family favorite game (AC??). Tawnya and Lynsee joined us one time too.
Thursday night the Call's gave Shara a baby shower so that was alot of fun to get to go to that. She got so many cute things!
We stopped in Holden to drop Tawnya off - Reese was sure glad to see her mommy! (She was happy to see me too!)
We made it to Katie's about 6:00 p.m. Friday night and I stayed there - I was too tired to drive on home! The kids were such good travelers. Ryker was an angel baby. Katie would stop to feed him and he'd go right back to sleep.
I've been very tired and lazy today - I've got my stuff put away and the mail gone through but that's it.
I know this is probably boring but it's for my record! It's the only journal I keep!

1 comment:

grandma Deb said...

Glad you are home... We need to get together and catch up. I'll give you a call.I need to hear about how your mom broke her ribs..Poor thing that wasn't far going through all she had to plus being injured. She must be one tough cookie.